Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

District Leader







Hello,


This week was pretty great. My birthday was the best of course! Thank you everyone for the new shoes, new tie, byu apparel, etc. and birthday wishes!

On my birthday I actually got pied in the face with a pecan pie! How's that for a birthday gift? It was actually because I wanted to so it would be something to remember. Elder Durrant and Dollahite had to get pied too since they lost some kind of challenge. If you're going to get pied in the face don't get pecan because that one hurts a little! INstead get something softer like a banana cream or key lime. 
After I got pied by one of the sister missionaries I picekd up the pie that fell on the ground and ate some of it. Then as they were taking pictures I took the rest of my pie and pied elder durrant in the face as you can see in the photo I sent you. 

Also on my birthday I ate every single one of my cosmic brownies! I didn't use the candles though. Sorry Mom. I should have. 

On thursday we spent some time in Casey, the small town with really BIG objects. The griggs took us to a buffet called Richard's Farm. It was pretty good. IT was an italian buffet so not what you'd expect. After we took a big picture in front of the worl'ds largest pitchfork. I also have attached a big minion. 

More spiritually speaking, we've made some good progress with Brent. He drove himself an hour to Regional conference and he said that he felt comfortable there (which is a big deal for him since he has social anxieties). He also said he felt the spirit and we made sure we got him outfitted for his baptism. So as for right now he should be getting baptized unless someting happenes again. 

A couple days ago we decided that we would take pictures of nature to help Brent keep his mind focused on good things. We thought of that because how he mentions how he likes to get away sometimes and look at nature to keep his mind in a good place. After this email I've gotta go pick up the 1 hour prints of the photos we took from wal mart.

We made some pretty good progress with C.K. I could feel a fire inside of me as we read the book of mormon to him and bore testimony. He is starting to almost believe. not quite though. He asked us if we ever considered that Satan appeared to Joseph smith to give us the book of mormon. By the end of the lesson he knew that was an unreasonable assumption. He likes us. Plus he should know better since he said his father is a satanist. 

Elder Kama and I have been having some fun in the car. He is a really good singer by the way. He sounds like Adell when he sings in the shower in the morning. 



Tryihng to remember all that happened this week is hard. 
Oh yeah, at the regional conference Sunday, Elder Durrant got called out on live television broadcast to 150 stakes by his Uncle--Elder Devin. G. Durrant. When he said that we got really excited and said "That's our district leader!" 

I'm gonna miss Elder Durrant. He's leaving to columbia zone. I am actually replacing him as district leader! Yikes. I'm sure I'll do fine If I just try my best. 

Well I've gotta go. I just want to bear my testimony that i know this church is true and I love my mom and dad and my brothers and sisters too.

just kidding for reals though....I've been trying to improve my prayers and try having more gratitude. I read an awesome talk by Elder Bednar called "Pray Always." I encourage you all to read that because he basically just lays out how to be an amazing prayer-er (not sure if I spelled that right). One thing i like that he says is that the channel to revelation will be widened as we express more gratitude and ask for less blessings. I am going to try doing better at that. As we took pictures for Brent of nature this week I felt gratitude for the small and simple things. LIke President Uchtdorf said last conference: "
We are surrounded by such an astonishing wealth of light and truth that wonder if we truly appreciate what we have." 

That is my biggest fear--ingratitude. That is what my goal has been this week is trying to express for thanks for blessings when I feel like I have received them. I encourage you all to do the same and find joy in things that matter most. Said President MOnson quoting some poet: “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collectedlot of empty yesterdays.”1
I find it pretty easy to "postpone our joys" for some later time. But I know that finding joy in the present is really important.


Have a good week! 
Elder Soutas
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment