Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, October 3, 2016

Hi everyone!

wasn't general conference just amazing!
One of my favorite talks was by Brett Nattress. I can't really remember very much of what he said, but the spirit hit me like a ton of bricks during that when it talked about Mothers reading to their sons despite their sons being rebellious. Before listening to that talk I was kind of distraught because I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to follow through with all of the things required of me, but I felt a strong amount of love and the holy spirit while listening to it. I was just really grateful for all of the values my parents instilled in me. Thank youuuu!

I liked when he said that "it is about the one. It is about the little boy who is not listening." Then after that the choir sang I'll follow him in faith.

I wrote a few thoughts during that while bawling:

Right now I feel so much love, more than I ever have probably my whole life. so much comfort, everything will be okay. I will never forget this wonderful feeling while listening to this song...I have never felt so grateful in my life. Let me please never forget this. Everything will be okay........

Conference was pretty great. We had Brent come to one of the sessions and he said that one of the talks made him cry. Also during conference Sis Bemis, our recent convert, was informed that her father is dying so we spent a little time tryihg to comfort her. She is doing okay. I was impressed that they came to the later sessions even after all of that. Long story short, Sis Bemis sisters wouldn't let her visit her father who was dying. Not cool.

Also had a great lesson with Cam. Have to go. tell you more about it next time! Getting kicked off. This library stinks.


love you, the church is true, 

Elder Soutas

No comments:

Post a Comment