Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, September 26, 2016

Wait on The Lord

Hello everyone!

This week was good and hard! AS they all seem to be that way. 

I just want to thank Ben and Lindsey for sending me that package!
A scripture that was sent along with it in Psalms 27:14 has proven to be prophetic. It states;
 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the Lord."

Well i fasted yesterday because my desire to share the gospel isn't where it needs to be, and that scripture fits right along because my heart (desire) needs strengthening. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that but I suppose I will just wait upon the Lord for direction.


I'm getting another new companion tomorrow, an Elder Kama.

This week we did find 4 new investigators! which ended a long drought of not finding any the entire transfer. I learned quite of bit about endurance to the end. Since we were patient and faithful the Lord blessed us with 4 very promising investigators. The first is Brother Oakley. He is 29 and lives in Marshall. We found him after trying a former investigator who wasn't home. We saw him underneath his car working on it, and we decided we'd approach him. We squatted to get to his level, shared a little about the Restoration and set up a return appointment the next day where we taught him a full Restoration. He is very sincere and teachable. His buddy happens to have been a member of the branch at one point. 
The next person we found was named Brian. We ran into him a few weeks ago. He has had a rough life being in and out of prison, but he also is very teachable and wants to change his life around. He has given us quite a few other referrals as well, not to mention he brought his sister Lisa to our last appointment and so we are teaching her now, too! Also, yesterday we were finally able to talk to a Vietnamese woman who has become acquainted with a member in the branch, Sister Black. She is very friendly and good-hearted. We shared a brief restoration message on her doorstep and got a return appointment as well. So it has been a really good week.

Michelle came to church and is looking very promising for her baptism on Oct 23. She has great family support (The Larges are her neices and nephews). She spends a lot of time with them so she feels the spirit a lot. Her husband started smoking again however she is still going strong.

Brent's new baptism date is Oct 14. He is progressing well and he hopefully will be ready for his baptism. We are being extra cautious though. He's been taught almost all of the principles.

It was pretty cool we got to have President Bednar (the apostle's son) come speak to our little branch yesterday. He said a lot of great things like the more we bring in to general conference, the more we will take out. I will prepare myself with thoughful questions and such. The last few conferences I know my questions were answered. He also advised that when we take notes, we should not only take notes on the things that are said, but mostly of the things that are NOT said, meaning the promptings of the spirit which will help us act on the things being shared in conference. He also said to pay close attention to the invitations the Bretheren extend rather than just looking for good quotes. I hope to do that. I believe that acting on their counsel will surely increase my desire. So already it appears I have received instruction from the spirit on what to do to increase desire. I will continue to wait upon the Lord.

Something that Jenessa sent in her letter also struck me:

"Your greatest convert ought to be you, but you can't do that if that's what you are trying to do."
   
   This seems to go against all logic, but it must be true as the Lord said "he that loseth his life shall find it." You would think that focusing on all of your problems and trying to fix them would do you good, but apparently that isn't the way to go about it. Ha I guess I have a hard time wrapping my head around this concept. The way I look at it is I can go clean people's dirty houses, but doing that isn't going to clean my own dirty house. 


Well I have got to get going. I am sure that the Lord hears and answers our prayers and strengthens us bit by bit more than we notice. The trick is noticing it. When I notice it, my faith and love for him is strengthened. 

I Love you all

Elder Soutas



No comments:

Post a Comment