Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MTC week 2














Dear Mom and Dad

Today is our Pday. We went to the temple this morning. It was a bloody experience. literally. It was a freak accident. So Mom, you know that little FAith stone you gave me? Yeah, so right before we entered the temple, I accidentally dropped it out of my hands and it shattered. I didn't think anything of it so I just put it in my pocket. But after we got past the front desk I reached my right hand into my pocket and felt a prick. I didn't realize I was bleeding until like 20 seconds later. Blood was just dripping from my finger all over the temple floor. Fortunately, there was a trauma surgeon that came to do a session and so he cleaned me up and super glued my finger. I probably could have had stiches but the glue has been working. We did end up doing an endowment session still. When we got back to our dorms, I cut my other finger. It wasn't as bad, and I'm still not sure how I even cut it. 

It's been pretty fun here at the MTC. We have taught a little bit. We are teaching a gang guy named Dreazo, a Lutheran named Josh, and another named Ashlee. My district has 8 of us. Half are going to Eugene, Oregon (Elder Hicks [who Jenessa knows from Bingham-he was on the football team], Elder Wright from Provo, Elder Martin fromn Salem who is a goofball. so hilarious!, Elder Webb from Lehi,  and half to St. Louis (Elder Clark, Elder Henrie from Pennsylvania, and Elder Zollinger from Kaysville. In my dorm are Elder Hancock from Highland who's good at basketball. A different Elder Webb from West Point, UT. A lot of people from the MTC are from Utah. 

Tonight we have a devotional. I'm not really sure if there will be a general authority tonight. there might be. Elder Clark and I have been asked to usher. Oh, but In the MTC though you get to listen to a recording of  a talk by Elder Bednar called the Character of Christ. It's only available in the MTC and you can't get it on LDS.org. It's all about how Christ put off the natural man and always focused outwardly rather than inwardly. It's a mindblowing talk. I felt really selfish after and it kind of made me discouraged I'm not going to lie. I did see Elder Green after that talk as everyone was trying to be christlike and helping put things away, I've seen him a couple of other times too like at meals. The food is nothing to complain about. I'm fasting today though. The last couple of days I've been struggling so I'm fasting. I'm not totally sure why I was so unhappy. But our Brand new teacher (sister Johnson) pulled me out of the class into another room because she could tell that I was having a hard time. I bawled like a baby in front of her and my companion and felt so stupid. They were both really kind though and shared some scriptures with me. It helped a little bit. 

Oh, on our sunday walk I ran into Elder Dallen Milne who is going to ecuador.!

I enjoy the classes quite a bit. I'm getting more comfortable teaching and I like the way they show us how to study for our investigators. They emphasize the Doctrine of Christ a lot. We are supposed to tie that in with like everything we teach. 

That's so crazy ben is engaged. I hope he is happy. 
Well my laundry is done and I need to get it out. Don't worry too much about me.  I'll talk to you next week. My flight leaves at around 7:30 on Tuesday!

Love you all.

"For the Natural Man is an enemy to God, and will be forever and ever unless he yieldeth unto the enticings of the holy ghost and put off the natural man, and becometh a saint; submissive, meek, humble...I can't remember the rest haha. 

-Elder Soutas

No comments:

Post a Comment