Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, June 13, 2016

Teaching and Learning


Re-enacting the Sermon on The Mount




Hi mother!

It's been a great week! I may not have the time to send a super great email this week since the zone leaders here are heckling us to hurry up. Email time is precious time for me.  i'll get as much in as I can. 

Good luck with the 21 day challenge. I am really excited to see how it goes. I've invited like over 30 families to do it on my mission. I don't know if any results have come of it yet since it hadn't ended before I left Springfield. 

I seriously love the Julie B. Beck talk. Our zone conference this week focused a lot on how we need to talk about eternal life more and not just baptism. What's the point of being baptized without eternal life? Not much of an incentive for people. Eternal life is cool. 

At zone conference I also played the piano, Armie's of Helaman. I was going to play "This is The Christ" but it was too difficult and I hadn't had enough time to practice. I just accompanied another Elder kind of last minute. I made up some of the chords and stuff.

This week was really good.

We actually had to drop Kathy though. She has an anti-mormon neighbor and we got the cops called on us because she accused us of going in there uninvitied, and told the cops that on the phone while lying to our faces. I got really flustered, but i learned from that for sure. So, we are no longer teaching Kathy because she doesn't want to cause any problems. Her neighbor is kind of her caretaker. It's a longer story. Remind me to tell you next week, because I'm being rushed again this week!

I learned a lot this week. Mostly how I have been really selfish and i have a lot to improve on. 
We did get our investigator named Isaiah to church though and he seemed to enjoy it. 
We also picked up Nicole who i mentioned last week. She is super open minded and is willing to read the book of mormon 

Sorry this week's email kind of stinks. I would write much much more if I could, but we are at the mercy of the zone leaders (no car and such). 

I love you!! I'm doing pretty good! Tell Ben and Jordan to write me about their missions and give me some advice or something. I could use it. i just kind of feel that I am not getting enough out of my mission as I would hope. I'm hanging in there though. 

Have an excellent week!
I'm really glad to see how awesome the family is doing.
P.s. I heard back fromt he Uhe's and they are trying to decide if they want to be sealed in the salt lake temple or the saint louis temple! excited for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment