Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Well this week went by quick.
Not a whole lot happened this week. Robyn isn't progressing all to well. She is having a hard time focusing because of her medication and brain injury. She might be getting a craneotomy soon.  Also, her son Anthony who we were trying to teach moved out with his Dad. She was a little heart broken about that. We aren't really sure why he moved out. We finally got a hold of him on the phone and he still wants to meet with us and is planning on coming to priesthood session so that is good. We tried all we could to get Robyn to go to the Women's conference but she had other plans of moving all of her furniture and refinishing her wood floors. We helped her to move and reassemble her workout machine into her office (for some reason she wanted it in there). She was glad that we helped. She has been acting kind of funny lately, so we don't know what do do with her. 

Also, we have been working to get everything ready for the Easter Eve Concert scheduled for the 15th of April. A lot of people have said they would like to be in it, but no one is turning in their music pieces in time so it is making planning it very difficult. Also, it was ward conference yesterday and so we weren't able to coordinate many of the things we needed to with the ward council, so we aren not sure how we are going to get everything ready in time. Also, I spent the time making these inserts to put int he sacrament bulletin that were to help the members do family history but the copier in the printer wasn't working for Sister Logsdon who prints the bulletins, so hardly anyone got them. So I am a little irritated because the things we are trying to use to find people to teach are not working. 
I am sorry that you have to read this, but that's how my week has been. 
There was one funny thing that happened though. We went to physical therapy for Elder Gifford's shoulder on tuesday or Wednesday.  An old lady named Anna walked in and sat down with her husband. I noticed that she was crocheting something, and so I pulled out my crochet stuff that I kept in my bag from when I served in Paris, Illinois and did it along with her! Elder Gifford saw what I was doing and I could tell he was just thinking "what the heck!" 
Come to find out, the lady was from Yugoslavia but had lived in America for a long time. She showed me some tips on how to crochet better and now I can do it a lot better. 

Well, that's about it for the week. 


See you later

Elder Soutas

No comments:

Post a Comment