Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, August 22, 2016

Burying our weapons





That is so crazy what happened with Jenessa's talk! How is Mikey Henderson going on a mission?  I thought he was 16. 

Things are going pretty good in Paris.  This week a family they taught before I got here got confirmed (baptized last Saturday)--The bemis family. They are super golden and the husband is a scriptorian and has a thirst for knowledge. This area is pretty cool. It's a small town and we live in the garage of a member. It's not as bad as it sounds, it doesn't really look like a garage in the inside and I actually think it is really neat. 

Elder Clark and I want to have good comp unity which is really good, because a lot of my other companions haven't cared all too much about that. I honestly could have put more emphasis on that too. He is really open about things when things bug him because his last companion hated him at first, and would even go to the lengths of leaving the apartment to vent about his problems to our district leader, Elder george durrant (who went to Bingham with Jenessa!) Greg Wrubell's color commentator (Mark Durrant's son). He was on the basketball team too after I quit). Anyways so elder clark has been really cautious in making this companionship work and so we've had a few scuffles but they were okay because we actually care about each other's happiness. He is a really great companion. 
We are teaching a sort of family right now. Two of them were baptized a few months ago (Korbin who is 15 and his grandma Sister Timmerman). i wonder if there could be any relation to our family. not really sure. But her granddaughter Lexi we are teaching right now and she wants to get baptized. Actuallythere are quite a few people in this area who want to be baptized which is something I've never experienced really before where multiple people want to be baptized. 
We have a really dedicated WML, Bro Strait,  who is 78 years old. He is super active and works at a golf course which is fun to talk about. He is in really good health and he comes out with us a lot. He also talks A LOT which makes teaching kind of hard. 
Coming to this point on my mission there is a lot of things that I need to learn. I am still really working on my desire to share the gospel because it is hard sometimes. I'm not sure sometimes if it's just because I have mental illnesses or if I just need to change something in my life. This morning I was studying about the Anti nephi Lehies and that story really impacted me on how they were converted to the Lord and the steps they had to take. 14 And the great God has had mercy on us, and made these things known unto us that we might not perish; yea, and he has made these things known unto us beforehand, because he loveth our souls as well as he loveth our children; therefore, in his mercy he doth visit us by his angels, that the plan of salvation might be made known unto us as well as unto future generations.They loathed sin so much that they would rather die. I've been thinking this mornign a lot about what I need to bury. I even want to literally go dig a hole or something and bury something to remind me more of the thing I gave up like the anti nephi lehies. Of course though that is what the sacrament is for.  I haven't really gotten to that point like the anti nephi lehies. I do hate sin, and I have clean hands. The hardest is having a pure heart. I desire to have desire, but I struggle obtaining that desire if that makes sense. I am really trying to apply the atonement in my life and a lot of other things. There's a lot of things I have to juggle and I need to take the time to set some new goals, but I just haven't been able to find much time to reflect because I am always busy doing something. 
Anyway before I go on an on I just want to thank you for raising me and teaching the gospel. I know that it is the truth. And I thank you so much for teahcing me to love the scriptures!

Love you!


Elder Soutas

No comments:

Post a Comment