Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, July 11, 2016

Keep the Faith


Hello Family,
Well I don't have time to email much today. Since losing my wallet a few weeks back I haven't had a picture ID. Well, I take that back. I was given a printed copy of my drivers license by Sister Gore (The Financial secretary in the mission) but I left it in my apartment somewhere. You see, I need a photo id in order to get a new password and login to the public library where we do emails. So i only have had a few minutes of emailing and all of the other missionaries are being impatient with me.
But this week has been okay.
I like my new companion Elder Howlett. He is from Vegas. 
 It is incredibly hard right now to keep the faith when you are trying your best to do what is right. It is extremely hard to motivate yourself when you get no reward for your dilligent efforts. I'm trying not to get discouraged and not to doubt. it's hard though. When things aren't going right it easy to question yourself like you are doing something wrong or you have no testimony. Perhaps I am. I'm not really sure. But I'll just keep trying the best I know how. We are having a hard time catching fish right now as Jordan told me in his email. But that is okay. I sure hope that we draw a multitude of fishes sometime soon.
Unfortuantely I don't have time to share any experiences from this week. I can't really think of anything off the top of my head.
Have a good week
Elder Soutas
P.S. I need your prayers more than ever. I am confused. 


Dad's answer:

Sometime the Lord tests us with his silence. Keep the faith.

Remember my boat miracle story. The Lord is very aware of you.

Sometimes you are called to dig, but not to reap.

It's like putting in a garden or planting crops. First, the soil needs to be prepared.  It's hard work.  There are no immediate rewards for this work, for even after the seeds are plants, you still only have dirt to look at.

Be patient, eventually there will be a harvest --- but you may not be there to see the fruits of your labor and that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment