Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, May 23, 2016

Hump Day and new transfer saying good bye





Elder Soutas and Elder Hayes with the Uhe's
He will miss them so much


Will this suitcase last 1 more year??













Not sure what the mask means?





Hello family!

Bro Burshears is a fine, mellow gentlemen who hopefully will be getting to the temple soon. He also drives a wicked Dodge Challenger that's won multiple car show contests. my moustache is crooked. of course.
 bro West deserves plenty of pats on the back. He helps people and us out a lot


Thank you for sending me all of the hump day stuff! I ate all of the jerky already. So did Elder Hayes. I don't blame him. It was really good stuff! I also went to Mcdonalds today and bought a smoothie like dad always used to do for us whenever we go there. I thought that was pretty clever with the whole mcdonalds. I'd say you are genius Mom, but I guess that you probably got that idea off pinterest. Hopefully I'm wrong.

 This week has been another good one! They always are. Had some pretty cool experiences.
 On Sunday Messan came to our ward this time! Before the meeting started he became reaquainted with someone in the ward that he knew from working at the hospital--Brother Maughan. Turns out they talked a lot while Bro Maughan worked in the surgery department. They both can talk to each other in French because he went on his mission to Belgium! Sounds like it is meant to be to have Messan in the ward. Hopefully he gets baptized.

 I am getting transferred to Colombia, MO in the Highalnads area! It sounds like it will be a biking area. I am not sure if I will have to buy a bike yet or not. No one has told me anything yet, so we will see. I have bittersweet feelings about leaving. I am sad to leave a lot of great people like the Uhes of course, and the G.C.s, and a bunch of other great members. I am also excited to be senior companion with Elder Russon who was in my district here only 2 transfers ago! Wish me luck on being a senior comp. I've been pretty comfy being a juco, but it looks like i'll be getting out of my comfort zone a bit.

 This week we had a tough time getting lessons. A lot of rescheduling and cancellations. But we did meet with a guy named Kyle who is southern baptist. You can only imagine how that went. I may have been a little too sharp with him because he kept saying how there was no need for prophets :)
 he let us come back though and after I was done talking he didn't argue anymore.
 We also talked to a guy named Dre who has some very strange beliefs to say the least. He believes that we all become part of the universe or something after we die. I didn't really get it.
 We also had a good lesson with Kevin, who is a worker at our apartment complex that we see all the time. He is a really nice guy. He didn't come to church this week because he went fishing. But he promised on next week. He is one of those people who may end up being a "surprise baptism." You never know with people. Last night we also talked to some people that waved us down to come talk to them. We had a conversation on their porch for about an hour and we have two return appointments set. Brother wEst was with us. It was pretty cool.

 Sunday was kind of tough having to say goodbye to everyone. I was sad to have to say "see ya later" to the Uhes. That morning I studied a talk from last conference by Elder Renlund which says that "we can only love and serve Heavenly Father's children [effectively] when we see them through a parent's eyes, Heavenly Father's eyes." I felt maybe the way a parent may feel towards their children when they have to ship them off to college or missions. I started to weep uncontrollably after they left the church building. Such a baby. I'll put a good word in with President Morgan for the new mission president so I can attend their sealing next year at the temple before I leave. That would be great! Plus I may get to visit them when they come skiing at Deer Valley some day! That would be so sweet! I miss skiing.

 Well I better get going! Thank you for all of your prayers for me and the people we have been teaching! I've seen a lot of great things happen here in Springfield. I've learned so much and The Savior has helped me so much especially through all of my inadequacies! I have also come to LOVE to study the scriptures and trying to understand them

 Love you all!

 -Elder Soutas



You will be half way to Kansas City and we will be there in July when we move Jordan there!



I thought of that! Don't get too close to me so I don't get trunky! 

From Mom:
This letter made me cry thinking of leaving the Uhe family too.   Now I'm googling Columbia MO to find out what I can.

The Lord will be with you Elder Soutas. I can promise you that   You've had an amazing time in Springfield and I hope to back there with you someday.  ❤️❤️❤️😊

From Ty: LOVE YOU Got2go. ðŸ˜˜ 

No comments:

Post a Comment