Elder Soutas

Elder Soutas

Monday, December 21, 2015

Oh my goodness, BYU! It's so hard to be a BYU fan. I'm so glad I didn't have to watch it. I'm so happy for Jordan and Alex!
My letter this week is going to be pretty short.
Our mission has been pushing to reach a goal of 375 baptisms for the year. Unfortunately, our area isn't going to have any baptisms. I'm not sure if there is something we are not doing or if it's just the agency of others. It's kind of frustrating. This area is such a huge area and is so hard to juggle so many things at once. 




However, we did get 2 new investigators up in Vandalia which is really far away from where we live. Brother Gleckler takes the missionaries once a month up there to do his hometeaching visits. We got an online referral a couple days before. A lady named Mary stumbled upon mormon.org somehow. She had been praying to get her life back on track. She didn't expect us to show up at her house. She and her husband Troy are willing to have us come by every Sunday now.  It was a cool how we were an answer to their prayers. We were also an answer to someone else's prayer too. This guy named Will who was a referral, has anger issues and one night he was praying for help. The next day we showed up and set up an appointment. A few days later we had a short discussion with him and towards the end he realized that we were an answer to his prayer! He is willing to meet with us after the holidays because he will be out of town. It was cool to see how God will send help to those who really seek Him. I studied a little bit about prayer this week. It's been pretty hard to have meaningful prayer lately. I wake up most mornings super beat. But prayer is a form of work. I learned that praying in the name of Christ isn't just something we say at the end of a prayer, but it means that we surrender our will completely to him. Then we cannot ask amiss. My whole life I haven't relied on prayer all that much. I would always do it without fail every morning and night, but I didn't really try to recognize God answering my prayers. I still struggle at that honestly, and I'm not really sure how he does it,  but it's something I will be working on.
Well I've got to go. Look forward to talking with you on Christmas. it will probably be around 4pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment